3.17.2011

What is He doing?

Often I wonder what God is doing with my future.
Something just says it must be exciting and unique.

Currently, I can say that I have no idea what I want to do with my life after I graduate high school in three months. I've had ideas and thoughts. There's the typical suggestion of college.

But recently, I've been discovering that I am ridiculously picky. Nothing typical interests me.
And I mean nothing. I'm honestly disappointed and dissatisfied at the idea of anything typical.
It makes me wonder if something is wrong with me! I keep wondering when I'm going to found out my "passion" is, what I was made to do.

Several years ago, I found myself so displeased with the mediocre Christians that I was surrounded by. They are described as only giving certain parts of their life to God, rather than all of it. They aren't really interested in living a complete set-apart life but rather just abiding by only the things they find interest in. It made me upset, and scared for my own spiritual walk. I distinctly remember that night, crying out to God, that He would make sure my life was nothing like that. I wanted to have a life that was noticeably different, that was "all out" for Him. 

Nearly finishing up high school now, I'm wondering where God is going to take me. I don't believe I was made for anything ordinary, but rather something incredible. I'm scared for the challenge, but at the same time I want it. I want to be pushed in ways I've never been pushed before.

So for now I will sit in wonder at what God is doing. 
Sit in wonder and excitement. :)

And to anyone else that's as clueless as me:
Keep waiting. :)

My Dad has recently reminded me that if we are continually seeking God and living our lives fully for Him, then we can't really go wrong in this area. God will provide direction and open doors to what we were called to do.

"Trust in the LORD and do good;
         Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
    4Delight yourself in the LORD;
         And He will give you the desires of your heart.
    5Commit your way to the LORD,
         Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
    6He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
         And your judgment as the noonday."
Psalm 37: 3-6

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that's me! Clueless, yet constantely reminded that God can see the big picture even when I can't! Jeremiah 29:11 all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know exactly what you mean! At least God knows what He is doing. :) Woop woop, amen to Jeremiah 29:11!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your thoughts, I love to read them! :)

If you would like to contact me directly, then feel free to email me at: beautifullyselfless@yahoo.com