3.27.2011

Are you taking advantage of where God has put you?

"Bloom where God plants you."

I heard this quote from when I went and saw Rebecca St. James on Friday evening.
It struck a chord.
How many of us are looking to the future so often and so much that we forget to appreciate where we're at now? 

I have a dear friend of mine, who was planning to go to a certain school. She was incredibly excited and I mean, EXCITED! As the time for leaving has come closer, she realized that she had been so focused on her future, that she forgot to tend to the present time. Consequently, she has pushed back the date for when she leaves to go to school. This way she may spend some time that she lost by taking advantage of the opportunities she has at home.

That is just one simple example of how often we get so caught up in our future that we often miss out and lose opportunities. Sometimes we even begin to dislike or not care for the spot we're currently in, and we lose appreciation for what we have now. 

Let this be a reminder that God has you in whatever spot you're in, right now, for a reason.
Don't get so caught up in the future, or even perhaps the past, that you're missing incredible opportunities because of your lack of patience and contentment.

"Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches."
1 Corinthians 7:17

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."
Philippians 4:11

So my friends, bloom where God plants you! :)
I just thought it was a cool picture... Now I want some cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts, I love to read them! :)

If you would like to contact me directly, then feel free to email me at: beautifullyselfless@yahoo.com