1.25.2011

So there's this guy..

Photo credit belongs to Holly Lueers. :)
I have a secret. :)
There's this guy in my life. -blushes-
He's amazing. 

I can't even begin to describe how good He is to me. I don't deserve Him! His love for me is incomparable to any other guys. He constantly melts my heart with His goodness and compassion. He always forgives me when I mess up and never ceases to listen to me. He encourages me daily and builds me up. He is someone who I know will always be there for me, through good and bad - thick and thin. Did you know you can share in His love too?

 Girl say what!?
Yeah, you heard me!
If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm talking about my sweet Prince Jesus. :)

His love is so refreshing and unchanging. 

"The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:   
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."
Jeremiah 31:3
 
So why is it that His love to us constantly seems not enough? Why is it so often that we find ourselves in search of earthly guy love and attention? There are many reasons, but I think when it boils down to it, it's because we are forgetful. We often forget that we do not need a guy's love or attention to make us complete and have a fulfilled life. It's tempting and our emotions can pull us in all sorts of directions away from Jesus. I've been there, done that. It never fills though. It never is enough. There is still a void, a gap. A whole in our hearts longing to be filled with everlasting love. 

More recently, I have found myself in various conversations relating to guys. It has actually started to bug me! Why can't we be happy with JUST our Jesus? Whatever happened to waiting on God's timing for love in our lives? Whatever happened to soaking up our singleness and taking advantage of it, using it as a time to grow closer to Jesus and deeper in love with our Savior? Instead we become miserable, we view it as suffering, we are impatient and must get what we "need"! We keep searching and waiting for that special guy to come along all the while forgetting that that "special guy" came for us a long time ago. Have you forgotten about your Prince Jesus?

My challenge to you: Don't waste your time waiting around for a guy to appear in your life, and instead focus on the Prince that has been in your life ever since you were born (and before that)! Hold fast to Jesus and never let go of your first True Love. I know there are times when you will feel lonely and wish that there was an earthly prince there to hold and comfort you, I feel that sometimes too! Even though we may forget about Jesus and His love, He certainly never forgets about us! He knows your longings and your hearts desires, but you have to trust in Him and wait on His timing, not your own.

 
" For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be."
-Psalm 139:13-16

Note: If you're a guy, I encourage you to do the same. Wait on God's timing for Him to bring that special lady into your life! Until then, run after Jesus with all that you are and seek first His will for your life. :)

3 comments:

  1. Rachel as all your other post this is a great one :)
    I was wondering if you could give me some advice... that is if you have any clue on how to handle it :-/

    What If you have known this promise of waiting on Christ, you have based your whole life on his plan and on being just his princess, on waiting for the right guy, and expecting that it will be a while before he comes? You have hidden your heart so deeply in Christ everlasting love that that becomes all you need, and all you want. You have made the promise, and kept it, that you will not stop dancing with your prince Jesus until he allows the right man to cut in. Then all of a sudden in the middle of your lovely dance with the ultimate king of kings the pursuer comes. YOur prince doesn't hold you back and asks you to dance with this other prince. You being asked to dance with a new prince is a shock, when all you wanted was to be with Jesus,and that all you've ever known, but you feel, and know, it's time, it's sooner then you thought, and deep down you must admit to yourself sooner then you ever wanted.....
    Your Jesus, the one who holds you, and cherishes you, and the one that will every fully satisfies you is asking you to open up to is plan. So to make that long story into a short question........ I have been so used to dancing with my prince Jesus, I have followed his plan, but now he says it's time to dace with another. How should I handle that and still be Jesus's princess at the same time? :)
    it would be great if you could e-mail me the answer at hollylvz2tlk@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I removed my original comment, but once again, great question!
    I did send you an email, hopefully you've received it.

    I appreciate your comment by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your thoughts, I love to read them! :)

If you would like to contact me directly, then feel free to email me at: beautifullyselfless@yahoo.com