6.03.2011

Can't we just be real?!



You know what makes me frustrated and, honestly, really sad?
People who pretend to be one way and then in another setting, they act like a whole different person.

Typically, I think to myself that I'm just about the same with everyone, and I assume that everyone is too... boy was I wrong.

It's disappointing and a little scary too, that you honestly sometimes can never really know who a person is. 
And sometimes, when I really do find out what a person is truly like, I can't help but lose all my respect for them.

Okay so perhaps my opinion really doesn't count for much in the end anyway, and you know what, that's fine. Because in the end, what I think isn't going to matter or do anything, but God, well what He thinks certainly does and will matter in the end.

It reminds me of Moses, when he is watching a fellow Hebrew being beaten, and out of anger he kills the Egyptian guard beating him. But do you know what Moses did before he decided to kill the man?

Exodus 2:12
"Looking this way and that and seeing no one, he [Moses] killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand."

Did you catch that? Moses looked "this way" and "that way" and because he saw no one, he killed the man. What's interesting is that he didn't look 'up' - in other words, he didn't consider that God was watching.
We do this all the time. We make sure no ones around to do something, or we make sure certain people aren't around to do things.

But we forget that God is always watching.
Like I said, what I think may not matter much, but God, well I hope you care about his opinion.

Proverbs 21:2
"Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts, I love to read them! :)

If you would like to contact me directly, then feel free to email me at: beautifullyselfless@yahoo.com