2.16.2011

It's Time to Rebel!

 
It is a difficult and sometimes seemingly rare thing to find a teenager who is sold out for Christ. Why? 

I've been thinking about it more lately. Have you ever realized how society deems teenagers as foolish, immature and irresponsible? Isn't it true that adults are more likely to believe another adult rather than a teenager, due to the stereotypical belief that teenagers are naive and that their knowledge only extends as far as texting, video games and their plans for Friday night? 

It bugs me, quite frankly, because not every teenager is like this. I myself, prefer to think that I am not like that as well.

Nevertheless, I think some like to use it as an excuse.
I think some teenagers actually don't mind that stereotypical view and take advantage of it by being all the more irresponsible and immature. 
And THAT bugs me even more.

I don't want to be viewed that way. In fact, as teenagers sold out for Christ, we are called to rise above that.
So, why do we seemingly always want to take the easier route? Why do so many want to put off Christ in our youth, and instead, run after unsatisfying and worthless "treasures"?

2 Timothy 2:22 commands a powerful plea:

"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart."

Let me ask you, what is it that the world, that sin, that materialistic objects, can offer you that Jesus can't? 
Are you settling for what the world offers by taking the easier route? 
Trust me, it's not worth settling for.

Read through these verses and think about these truths from God's word:

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Matthew 7:13-14
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."
Matthew 6:19-20 

I know, I know.
IT'S HARD!
I know!

But it is so, SO, worth it.
Nothing can compare to the treasure that Jesus is, and the treasure that He offers.
This world has NOTHING on Jesus.

My Challenge to you: Please, please, don't settle for this world, and for the world's expectation of you. Please, look to Jesus, even if the majority of those your age are not. It sure as heck is difficult, and Jesus sees and knows this, but He also will provide the strength and courage you need to live for Him! Don't wait. Don't tell yourself that when you're older, then you'll commit. If you can't now, what makes you think that you will later? I only say this from a heart that loves and wants you to share in the joy that comes with serving Jesus!

1 Timothy 4:12
And don't be afraid to share about and live for Jesus, even in your youth. Take this encouragement from 1 Timothy 4:12,

"Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe."

It's so worth it, I promise. :)

So c'mon, let's get this rebellion thing started!

Note: If you're interested in the rebellion, and are curious to read more then check out this website: http://www.therebelution.com/

2 comments:

  1. Your Amazing :)
    I feel like your speaking right from my heart.
    As you say in this post it is so very hard to find teenagers who live the full life God has called them too. It is such a refreshment to know that out there, somewhere, there is at least one girl who is following God is her life, a girl who is being his beauty and abandoning herself to him. It's so nice to know I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Hollis!
    I'm so glad to see a new face on my blog!

    Haha, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Sometimes I begin to doubt whether or not genuine teenagers for Jesus exist!! I'm really encouraged by your comment, so thank you. :)

    May I ask how you came across my blog?

    P.S. I was checking out your blog and you've got some pretty awesome photography! I love good photography, though I'm not a photographer myself. :P

    Oh and hey, my name is Rachel, nice to meet you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your thoughts, I love to read them! :)

If you would like to contact me directly, then feel free to email me at: beautifullyselfless@yahoo.com