7.13.2011

Back from Ecuador!

So, I actually got back on Monday. I've just been either too busy/tired/lazy to post. ;)

ECUADOR WAS AMAZING, to say the least.
I think through the trip God really proved to me that He is there, with me, always.

It wasn't so much the ministering as it was the evenings the group spent together.
Every evening all the 8 teams (400 of us) would gather back together for worship, a time of sharing personal experiences from the day, as well as a message. Every single message related to something I have been thinking about in the past couple months.

I made some incredible friendships in the two weeks I was gone. Some I think even deeper than those that I have spent months and many hours building up at home. I miss my galfriends quite a bit!

One thing I learned was that the connection of Christ is a very powerful and overwhelming foundation for any friendship. I never knew any of these people before, and I may never know if I'll see any of them again (besides Heaven) yet they were some of the most powerful and heart stirring friendships. It was simply the fellowship of two believers that drew us so close together so quickly.
I was able to pour out my heart to others and vise versa simply because we shared the love of Christ. We skipped past the more shallow beginning parts of a friendship rapidly and instantly began sharing our hearts, even the parts we so desperately wanted to hide. Nothing compares to the love of Christ shared between two believers. It's amazing!

All in all, Ecuador was amazing. The children there are so sweet, adorable and far more kind than those in the U.S. (it's true)! I believe the count for those who declared salvation was around 500-600 Ecuadorians. That's not a for sure number, of course, but I do know many were saved... may God's name be glorified!

Some things that happened to me while I was there:
-Got "I" surgery
-Got a blood tranfusion
-Ate PBJ everyday for lunch  (that totals around 20 pbj sandwiches in a week... I think I'm set for life)!
-Got to barter at a market
-I got married!
-I got to stand on the Northern & Southern Hemispheres of the Earth! (The Equator for you simpletons).
-I got to meet Britt Nicole (woop woop!)

And many other wonderful things. :D
I really want to blog about other things though and so I will be occasionally posting about the things I listed above to give more detail rather than making an uber long post about all of it at once. This way I can do my normal blogging and mix in my Ecuador experience. :D

Until my next post, enjoy some pics!
ECUADOR
My Miami Roomies :)
Me, Emily, Carolyn, Bailey, Caroline, Crystal
In Quito I had Bailey and Crystal.
YEAH, TEAM 2 REPRESENT!
Crazy hair night :D
All of the 'Cats' :D We would do our thumbs up like cat paws.. it was so silly looking. :)
Carolyn and I on 4th of July :D
A little sweetie she was :)
Right after the 'King Cat' slaps 'Jesus'
Pretty much the coolest people ever... I love these girls! :D
Team 2 at the Equator... With the boys being silly... ;) I miss them all so much!

6 comments:

  1. Glad it was a great time! But I must ask... You got married?! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "exact" salvation count was 1,024!!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's right! I don't know why I wrote 600... I must have forgotten that last update.... AND IT DEFINITELY WAS AWESOME! :D Thanks for the correction Amy! What team were you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just out of curiosity...were you with the Susie mission team??? I have a friend who went and I really wanted to...maybe next year!
    If you are interested I write a Christian teen blog at www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on team 1! My roommate - Laura - was on team 2 with you :)

    I'm in Otavalo right now on the extended trip (we're just getting ready to leave for the airport in a few hours) and I've been attempting to update my blog on the trip too (www.followingGodtoEcuador.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabrielle - Yes I was! :) It was awesome! You should definitely check it out and/or consider it! I'm not sure if I will be going next year, though my experience there was most certainly amazing!
    I'll definitely check out your blog! :)

    Amy Lynn - Oh cool! Laura Shafer? I LOVED HER! She was awesome!
    I hope your time in Otavalo was awesome! Thanks so much for checking out my blog.. I'll be checking yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your thoughts, I love to read them! :)

If you would like to contact me directly, then feel free to email me at: beautifullyselfless@yahoo.com