3.16.2012

So we Depend on Him

"We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead." 
2 Corinthians 1:8-9

S.P.
A few things have happened in my life recently, and sometimes I wish they would all just go away. I'm sure you know what I mean. Sometimes I look up toward Heaven and I ask God, "Do I really have to deal with this?" or "What do you want me to do? Because I sure don't know!"

I came across these verses in 2 Corinthians and it was a reminder to me to stop relying so much on myself, and that maybe the situations in my life are to redirect my focus and source of strength to God. I think we all need that sometimes.

Be encouraged, that despite whatever may be happening in your life, or whatever difficulties you may be feeling, that God is there letting you know that you can depend on Him! Much like we cannot raise the dead, we cannot fix all the things wrong in our lives. But God, he can raise the dead, and He makes all paths straight.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understand,
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for blogging this. :)

    Also, I love the picture you posted! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE! Thanks lovely. :) So glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful verse. Thanks for this encouraging post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word...this is such a great post, and I'm so glad I read it today. It's so frustrating when things are going wrong around you, especially things you have no control over. I tend to pull away from God in those moments, instead of letting Him be in control. Thank you for the reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rachel
    I am so glad you were encouraged. :) Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    @Stephanie
    That makes me overjoyed! I am incredibly happy to hear how God's word and my blog have encouraged you. We all need that reminder from time to time... I am blessed to have helped in providing that for you. :) Thank you for stopping by and following!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your thoughts, I love to read them! :)

If you would like to contact me directly, then feel free to email me at: beautifullyselfless@yahoo.com